Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Puppet Artists Finger Puppets

From left to right: Red Queen, White Rabbit, Chesire [?] Cat, Mad Hatter, Alice

Purchased these darling finger puppets at St. James Court Art Show last year by Puppet Artists [I believe].  They're about 4" tall and are made of various materials, mostly felt.

They're put on a redwood stand that's engraved with the name of the storybook.  I cannot remember how much I purchased this for, but it had to be a tad more than I would've paid if it wasn't for the fact it was an Alice display.

Looking at their website [linked below], I found they have actual puppets of Alice too!  Hopefully I can sucker someone into buying them for me for my birthday, if they're even for sale.  The guys who do these are very talented and make customized puppets of people called "Portrait Puppets."  Yes, I am definitely looking into that!


Each character has a lot of detail and I'm very pleased with the display.  The picture of their website is not at all like the one I got; mine looks much nicer and more defined.  I guess because they're all handmade, this makes sense.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the set and love everything this group has to offer.  Visit them at their website: Puppet Artists

Detail shots:
Engraved in the redwood.  It adds a lot of character, I believe.

The red queen and white rabbit.  I love their facial expressions!

The Mad Hatter + Alice = love.  Two white beads are used for his buck teeth, which is creative AND cute!


Chesire [?] Cat, Mad Hatter, Alice.
On my hands.  They fit rather nicely, and my fingers are rather longer than normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment